Friday, April 13, 2018

Color Dare #288 Happy Day

It's time for another Color My Heart Color Dare challenge! This week's challenge is to use only Lagoon, Mink, Peacock, and Silver is required. You may also use White Daisy, but no Black this time.

When I pulled out my Mink Cardstock, I immediately thought of the adorable elephant in the Sweet Baby stamp set. I stamped him with Mink Ink on the light side of the cardstock, cut him out with the coordinating Thin Cuts, and started designing a card around him. He looked a little lost on the White Daisy panel, so I added a festive texture with the Confetti Embossing Folder. The white panel is matted with Silver Foil Paper and adhered to a Peacock card base.


I stamped three of the balloon designs with Peacock Ink on Lagoon cardstock, then accented them with the Silver Metallics Pen. The Happy Day sentiment is from the Short & Sweet stamp set.


The inside sports more Silver Foil Paper and a sentiment from the Sweet Birthday stamp set.


Ready to play? Just create a project using ALL and ONLY the colors in this week's challenge. If you don't have the exact colors, use the closest colors you have. Our color challenges are open for two weeks, giving you more time and flexibility to create, share, and invite your crafty friends to join us too. You have until 11pm EST Thursday, April 26th to enter! I can't wait to see what you create!


Supplies Used:
Z3118 Confetti Embossing Folder (Retired)

6 comments:

  1. What a cute card! I love all the details and how you used the colors. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable...love it all. Those balloons really pull in those blues nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That elephant stole my heart the minute I saw it! I LOVE your balloons. What a sweet card-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debi! That elephant stole my heart too! I can't believe I waited so long to use that set!

      Delete