Friday, April 27, 2018

Color Dare #290 Just For You

It's time for another Color My Heart Color Dare challenge! It's the last Color Challenge in April and Tic-Tac-Toe is here again. You get to choose colors from a Tic-Tac-Toe board using the Close to My Heart color palette from the featured paper pack of this month "Gimme Some Sugar." You MUST use and identify the three colors in a row of your choice; however we will allow any or all other colors from the Challenge Board to be included. I chose to use the third column of colors, Bashful, Mink, and Blossom.

I created an ombre effect using the light and dark sides of Blossom and Bashful Cardstock and a couple stitched border dies. The layers created a clean and simple card with a dramatic feel.



I wanted the waves of color to be the star of the show on this card, so I chose a small sentiment (stamped with Mink Ink and accented with Clear Shimmer Brush). A small border of Black Cardstock makes the pink colors pop.


For continuity, I repeated the front design on the inside of the card.


Ready to play? Just create a project using at least three colors in a row of your choice. You must identify the row you chose with your entry. You may also add any or all of the other colors from the Tic-Tac-Toe board, but please do not add extra colors. If you don't have the exact colors, use the closest colors you have. Our color challenges are open for two weeks, giving you more time and flexibility to create, share, and invite your crafty friends to join us too. You have until 10pm EST Thursday, May 10th to enter! I can't wait to see what you create!


Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies Used:
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders

8 comments:

  1. I have so many of the curved dies and never think to use them in this way, I always think they are for scenery. Love this card, layout and simplicity...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue! I try to think of other ways I can use things. When I lined the dies up for storage, this idea popped into my head.

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic card! I love the ombre effect and the stitched lines are perfect for creating impact. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle! I’m becoming quite addicted to stitched dies.

      Delete
  3. This ombre looks so great! To me, it actually looks like suede. Such a fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathleen!now that I look at it again, you’re right! It does have a suede look.

      Delete