Friday, February 16, 2018

Color Dare #280- Warm Birthday Wishes

It's time for another Color My Heart Color Dare challenge! This week's challenge is to use only Pixie, Emerald, and Pansy. Unless otherwise indicated, you may also use Black and White Daisy.

Since the colors in this challenge are so saturated, I decided to add Black and White Daisy to the mix. I cut strips of paper from the Make Waves Paper Packet, adhered them to a black base, and added white, cloud-like sentiment piece.


I stamped the birthday sentiment with Emerald Ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. A few Make Waves sequins add a finishing touch.


I carried the striped pattern from the front to the inside as well.


Ready to play? Just create a project using ALL and ONLY the colors in this week's challenge. If you don't have the exact colors, use the closest colors you have. Our color challenges are open for two weeks, giving you more time and flexibility to create, share, and invite your crafty friends to join us too. You have until 11pm EST Thursday, March 1st to enter! I can't wait to see what you create!


Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Other: Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders 2 Dies

10 comments:

  1. Susan what a great card! I love how the pigment embossing of the sentiment makes it really stand out. The stripes are so pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! What a dazzling Birthday card!! I love the stitched die cut shape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathleen! I hope CTMH comes out with stitched dies!

      Delete
  3. I love your stitched and scalloped sentiment panel! You very cleverly used all the challenge colors in a neat and tidy way. The stripes look great over the black paper and those Make Waves sequins are really darling! Great card, Susan!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute use of paper and I like the white contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of your PML cards and design papers in your stripes...gorgeous card. Love the cloud sentiment and beautifully embossed sentiment.

    ReplyDelete