Friday, February 2, 2018

Color Dare #278 Love You Card

It's time for another Color My Heart Color Dare challenge! This week's challenge is to use only Bashful, Kraft, and optional Gold. Unless otherwise indicated, you may also use Black and White Daisy.

Have you seen the Pretty In Pink special for the month of February? This challenge fits the theme beautifully! Four elements from my card are included in the sale (Bashful Cardstock, Bashful Ink Pad, Gold Foil Paper, and What Matters Most Stamp Set).

I have been seeing a lot of projects with inlaid letters cut with our Block Alphabet Thin Cuts lately and decided to give it a try. I cut the word YOU from a Kraft panel and inlaid Bashful letters (with the edges inked, of course). Using VersaMark Ink, I stamped the Love image from the What Matters Most stamp set across the inlaid letters, then heat embossed with gold embossing powder. This card was screaming CAS, so I simply matted the Kraft panel with White Daisy Cardstock and Gold Foil Paper, added pearls to the corners, and popped it up over a triple ribbon accent.



One thing I discovered when heat embossing on the Kraft Cardstock is that my anti-static tool had little effect. You can see how the embossing is smooth on the Bashful letters, but bumpy on the Kraft panel. The embossing powder liked to gather in little static clumps on the Kraft Cardstock. I don't think it deters from the overall card though.


Ready to play? Just create a project using ALL and ONLY the colors in this week's challenge. If you don't have the exact colors, use the closest colors you have. Our color challenges are open for two weeks, giving you more time and flexibility to create, share, and invite your crafty friends to join us too. You have until 10pm EST Thursday, February 15th to enter! I can't wait to see what you create!



Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Other: 1120- Stitched Rectangles- Elizabeth Craft Designs



5 comments:

  1. What a great way to do the sentiment! Great details all around your card, too. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the gold sentiment on the top of the other...very unique and lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Susan! I love your big, bold inlaid letters--really appealing. I also like the way you tripled up the ribbon strips--at first glance I thought it was one layer of wide ribbon. It's always neat to get a new idea and I thank you for sharing that with us.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete