Friday, June 22, 2018

Color Dare #298 Let's Celebrate



It's time for another Color My Heart Color Dare challenge! This week's challenge is to use only New England Ivy, Linen, and Blossom, with optional Gold or Silver. You may also use White Daisy and Black, but please do not add additional colors.

Flowers were the first thing that came to mind when I saw this challenge. I tried to think outside the box to come up with something different, but wasn't thrilled by my attempts. So, flowers it is. I pulled out my Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 4 pattern book, a B&T paper from the Fresh Air Paper Packet, the Documented- Cardmaking Stamp + Thin Cuts set, and a few scrap pieces of cardstock to get started.


I stamped all of my images with New England Ivy ink and added color to the flowers using a dry waterbrush and a bit of Blossom ink from the lid of my pad. If you look closely, The Linen panel is stamped tone-on-tone using the Splash of Color stamp set. I replaced the rectangular sentiment panel with die-cut circles, slightly offsetting them for added interest. I showcased the flower near the sentiment by adding a few pieces of the New England Ivy Burlap Ribbon. Clear Sparkles and Silver Foil Paper add lots of sparkle and shine.


I carried the front design into the inside of the card to finish it off.


Ready to play? Just create a project using ALL and ONLY the colors in this week's challenge. If you don't have the exact colors, use the closest colors you have. Our color challenges are open for two weeks, giving you more time and flexibility to create, share, and invite your crafty friends to join us too. You have until 11pm EST Thursday, July 5th to enter! I can't wait to see what you create!


Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies Used:
Z3274 Clear Sparkles

3 comments:

  1. Again beautiful inside and out. Loving that splash of color stamp set and your border of flowers with all the bitty sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, Susan! I love how the circles go off the edge of the card front. The sparkles on the flower border make a pretty addition to the design. So happy you went with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete