Monday, October 23, 2017

Rockin' With Christmas Tunes

I had a little bit of fun with the October Stamp Of The Month, Christmas Tunes. Since the stamps are designed with lyrics from Christmas songs, I decided to add a gold label record and music notes to my card.


To give my record it's grooves, I layered the Circle Thin Cuts onto the cardstock and ran it through my Cuttlebug using a rubber mat instead of a cutting plate. The rubber mat won't let the dies cut through the paper, resulting in an embossed image. Each little musical note is cut by hand, covered them with Liquid Glass, and has Black Enamel Dots to finish them off. I stamped the Tree image with New England Ivy Ink and colored in the stars with ShinHan Touch Twin Markers.


Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
D1710 Christmas Tunes
1385 White Daisy Cardstock
1386 Black Cardstock
X5975 Cranberry Cardstock
X5959 New England Ivy Cardstock
Z2816 Cranberry Stamp Pad
Z2835 New England Ivy Stamp Pad
Z3365 Gold Foil Paper
X254 White Value Pack Cards & Envelopes
Z3318 Basic Circles Thin Cuts
Z3314 Black & White Dots
Z679 Liquid Glass
Z2448 Carmine Red R11 ShinHan Touch Twin Marker
Z2452 Golden Yellow Y222 ShinHan Touch Twin Marker

4 comments:

  1. Very cute idea creating the "gold" record. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan what a fantastic card! I love the gold label record dea! The musical notes are a perfect touch, too! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete