Friday, October 20, 2017

Color Dare #266 Snappy Birthday

It's time for another Color My Heart Color Dare challenge! This week's colors are Black, Pebble, Pewter, "Pick Your Own Pink", Silver, and White Daisy.

I have been drawn to the Oh Snap! stamp set since the Holiday Expressions Idea Book was released. When I pulled it out and set it next to the Operation Smile Punny Pals stamp set that was already on my table, the idea for my card was born! I chose to use Bashful for my pink.



I was able to create a camera with multiple shades of Pewter and Pebble thanks to our new two-sided cardstock. The back side of each color is a lighter shade of that color. After stamping the camera on both the "light" and regular shades of the Pewter and Pebble cardstocks, I cut out various parts and pieced them together (Pebble base, "light" pebble flash, "light" Pewter woodgrain and dial, Pewter lens). I traced over the stitching with a black journaling pen for a little added contrast. The center of the lens is Silver Foil Paper layered with a heart cut from Bashful Glitter paper.


See the "punny" birthday greeting? I got the idea from the "Yappy Birthday" greeting in the Punny Pals stamp set. I used the masking technique and a few sentiments from the Sending Smiles stamp set (included in the Flower Market Cricut Bundle) to stamp "SNAPPY" onto the flash. "Birthday" is from the Punny Pals sentiment. It's hard to tell from the photo, but the camera is mounted onto the card with Thin 3-D Foam Tape.


The Oh Snap! stamp set includes a filmstrip stamp. I stamped it onto black cardstock using VersaMark ink and colored the small rectangles with a white gel pen. The sentiment is also from the Sending Smiles stamp set.

Ready to play? Just create a project using ALL and ONLY the colors in this week's challenge. The color graphic shows Pixie, but you get to choose your own pink! If you don't have the exact colors, use the closest colors you have. Our color challenges are now open for two weeks, giving you more time and flexibility to create, share and invite your crafty friends to join us too. You have until 10pm EST Thursday, November 2nd to enter! I can't wait to see what you create!



Supplies Used:
D1708 Sending Smiles (Flower Market Cricut Bundle)
D1748 Oh Snap!
D1751 Punny Pals
1385 White Daisy Cardstock
1386 Black Cardstock
X5941 Bashful Cardstock
Z3360 Bashful Glitter Paper
Z3366 Silver Foil Paper
Z2819 Bashful Ink
Z2832 Pewter Ink
Z2833 Pebble Ink
Z891 VersaMark Ink
Z2060 Thin 3-D Foam Tape
Z534 Microtip Scissors
4275 My Legacy Writer Set (Retired)
Other: Sakura White Jelly Roll Pen

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. You card is adorable and very creative with your masking, stamping and layering of the neutrals in your camera...snappy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue! The piecing possibilities with that camera are endless!

      Delete
  2. I have been in love with this stamp set for a long time and you just pushed me over the edge. Super cute card design. Love the simplicity, yet all that glitter paper makes it sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something about that camera that makes me swoon too! Can’t wait to see what you make with it, Tracey!

      Delete
  3. Wowzer, sister!
    That is a lot of cool tricks and such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This set has been on my wish list and now I must have it! GREAT job paper piecing the camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! The paper piecing brought the camera to life. I had so much fun doing it!

      Delete
  5. Your card really makes me smile! I love the Bashful Glitter paper background and your film like card inside. Great interpretation of the Color Dare challenge!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete