Friday, August 11, 2017

Color Dare #256 Hello Card

It's time for another Color My Heart Color Dare challenge. This week's colors are Black, White Daisy, Pomegranate, Peacock, and Juniper.

For today's card, I followed pattern 29 from the Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 1 guide. I knew I wanted to use the new For You Darling stamp set, but the sentiments weren't the right size for my design. The Hello sentiment from the Flourishes stamp set fit perfectly. I didn't want a patterned paper to compete with the succulents, so I opted to emboss and sand a few scored lines on Peacock cardstock for the bottom panel. The succulents are stamped with Juniper and Peacock inks. I used the masking technique to stamp Pomegranate and Juniper in the small floral outlines.



To give the card a hint of sparkle, I matted the sentiment with Black Glitter Paper. The Black Dots around the succulents integrate the black into the card design. The succulents and flowers are popped up with Thin 3-D Foam Tape.


A small succulent and flower carries the design to the inside as well.


Ready to play? Just create a project using ALL and ONLY the colors in this week's challenge. If you don't have the exact colors, use the closest colors you have. You have until 10pm EST Thursday to enter!


Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies Used:
D1749 Flourishes
Z3375 For You Darling Stamp + Thin Cuts
X5979 Juniper Cardstock
X5958 Peacock Cardstock
X5964 Pomegranate Cardstock
Z2165 Juniper Ink
Z2649 Peacock Ink
Z2653 Pomegranate Ink
Z3236 Black Glitter Paper
Z3314 Black & White Dots
9035 Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 1
X254 White Cards & Envelopes Value Pack
Z2060 Thin 3-D Foam Tape
Z1204 Bone Folder

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card...love the font on the sentiment and the scored embossing and the complete layout of your card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue! with all of the techniques out there, sometimes it's nice to get back to the basics.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card. Love that you used the sanding technique, very classy card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracey! It's been a while since I used the sanding technique. I almost forgot how much fun it is!

      Delete
  3. It is nice to see the sentiment on the front of your pretty card. I have been wondering about that set, and it looks great!

    Very good use of the colors!
    Pretty card, as usual, Miss Susan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Mary! I wasn't sure I'd use the flourishes set much, but the sentiment fit this card so perfectly.

      Delete
  4. So beautiful! Love the embossed lines and those flowers! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete