Thursday, September 12, 2019

Fall Leaves Wishing You Well Card

Hello Inky Friends! Sorry it's been so long since my last post. We had a lot going on this summer, and I had to put a few things on hold. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things and hope to share more often.

New Annual and Seasonal Idea Books launched on September 1st with lots of crafty goodness. Have you seen the new Layered Leaves Thin Cuts? Love, love, LOVE them (and pretty much all things leafy!) I decided to join the fall card bandwagon with this creation.


I was inspired by a card in an email I received from Pinterest, but must have deleted the email and can't find the pin. Sigh. Anyway, I loved the color combo and the use of the leaves, so I decided to make something with CTMH products. I pulled out cardstock in Saffron, Fern, Peacock, and two new colors, Paprika and French Vanilla. The sentiment is from a very old stamp set, Say It in Style, that returned in the core Idea Book. I love that I can use stamp sets from my collection instead of watching them collect dust. As a matter of fact, I pulled out two other "oldies" to use on this card.


I embossed the Vanilla Cream background with the retired Wood Slats embossing folder. I am in love with the new French Vanilla Cardstock! I think it might become my go to "white."  After I stamped the Paprika and Fern Leaf images from the retired Autumn Splendor stamp set, I used the same stamps to apply a bit of tone on tone texture to the open die cut leaves. You can find similar leaf images in the Hawthorn- Scrapbooking stamp set. I used Goldenrod Stickles for the flower centers, and added a small amount of Gold Embellishing Thread behind the flowers.


One last leaf on the inside finishes off the card.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies Used:
Retired Items: D1181 Autumn Splendor, D1186 Rustic Flowers, Z3248 Wood Slats Embossing Folder, Z3352 Enchantment Fundamentals
Other: Stitched Leaves Dies- Lawn Fawn

2 comments: