Sunday, February 3, 2019

TABH Challenge 23

Welcome to the Three Amigos Blog Hop. We are three friends with a love for stamping and paper crafting, and would like to share our creative ideas with you on the 3rd of each month. There are only three stops on this hop, so it will only take a few minutes to hop through. When you finish hopping, be sure to check out the Three Amigos Blog Hop Challenge!

We have an Inspiration Photo Challenge for you this month. I received an email from Pier1 at the beginning of the year and fell in love with the colors and patterns in this photo.



See what I mean?!? I love the pillow design and the touches of gold, so I added those elements to my layout. (I apologize for the coloring in the photo. The gold in the "Love" title reflected color onto the background. I didn't notice until I uploaded the photo to edit.)


I pulled out several retired products from my stash to use along with a few current products. The three main colors are Sapphire, Glacier, and Sorbet. Have you figured out how I created my flowers and leaves yet?


The flowers are die cut from a combination of a stitched scallop edge die and a stitched oval die. I cut the scallop first, then positioned the oval to turn it into a flower. The leaves use the Stitched Quilted Shapes Thin Cuts. I added a stitched look to the stems with one of the Stitched Border Thin Cuts.


Some of the dies only pierce the stitch marks (the images without grey shadowing in the photo above). I used the die with the three loops toward the bottom of the photo and fussy cut the center loop for the leaves. This was a great way to use up scraps!

Thanks for hopping by today! Hop over to Lisa's Blog and Donna's Blog to see what they created for you, then over to the Three Amigos Blog Hop Challenge. We hope you play along!

Supplies Used:
Z2864 Sorbet Ink Pad (going soon)
Retired Products:
D1646 Finding The Words
D1702 Capture This
Z3217 Whimsy Paper Fundamentals (I used sorbet)
White Daisy Textured Cardstock
X7216C Hello Lovely Compliments
4275 My Legacy Writer Set

10 comments:

  1. Wow! You are the winner... that is awesome!! And gorgeous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! This one came together nicely for me!

      Delete
  2. I can't believe how you duplicated the flowers! It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! Just a lot of fussy cutting and finagling. haha!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful page, and I love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, really nice...love how you really pulled that flowered pillow into your scrapbook page...beautifully done and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page - it reminds me of mid-century modern design. Love how you recreated the flowers with various thin cuts. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This was such a fun page to create!

      Delete