Saturday, March 17, 2018

Color dare #284 Keep Your Fin Up

It's time for another Color My Heart Color Dare challenge! This week's challenge is Glacier, Pacifica, and optional Silver. Unless otherwise indicated, you may also use Black and White Daisy.

I was feeling a little under the weather this week, so I'm a little late with my post. I knew I wanted to make something with the whale from the Make Waves-Cardmaking Stamp Set for this challenge, but wasn't sure how I wanted my project to come together. When I was finally able to sit down and create, my card practically made itself!


Since we have a Die-namite sale going on with our Thin Cuts this month, I decided to use a couple on this card. Using the negative cut from the Scallop Border Thin Cuts, I created waves for that sweet whale using Pacifica Cardstock and Pacifica B&T paper from the Adventure Fundamentals Paper Packet. I like the variation of color from the watercolor design of the B&T paper, and the shadow effect from the solid cardstock. My sky was created by sponging White Daisy Pigment Ink onto Glacier Cardstock using a couple cloud-shaped templates I made.


I stamped the sentiment and the whale with Archival Black Ink, and then with VersaMark Ink before heat embossing with clear embossing powder to give them a little shine. For added texture, I stitched the spray lines. The front panel is double matted with Silver Foil Paper and Black Cardstock.


The inside has plenty of room to write a message. I stamped the fin image in the lower corner to play on the front message.

Ready to play? Just create a project using ALL and ONLY the colors in this week's challenge. If you don't have the exact colors, use the closest colors you have. Our color challenges are open for two weeks, giving you more time and flexibility to create, share, and invite your crafty friends to join us too. You have until 11pm EST Thursday, March 29th to enter! I can't wait to see what you create!


Supplies Used:
Other: Lawn Fawn Puffy Cloud Borders, Sakura GellyRoll White Pen, Needle, Thread

8 comments:

  1. Great card, Susan! I love your shiny whale amidst the waves of Pacifica cardstock. Your card inside is really lovely too! Thanks for inspiring me today!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, Susan. Using the negative scallop border for waves is a great idea! I need to get this stamp set out more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! This set is one of my faves from the SE1. I can’t believe this is the first time I used it!

      Delete
  3. Great idea on using the negative on the scallops for the waves and love the layering for 3 dimensional look and wet embossing cool on whale...fun and adorable card.

    ReplyDelete