Friday, September 8, 2017

Color Dare #260 I'm So Happy For You Card

It's time for another Color My Heart Color Dare challenge! This week's colors are White Daisy, Charcoal, Raspberry, Bashful,and Willow.

My studio time is still very limited, but I managed to sneak some time in to create a card using the National Stamping Month From The Heart Stamp Set. A couple days ago, my two of my aunts and I went shopping for a baby gift for my niece (she's having a girl). My card was inspired by all of the cute ruffled bottoms we saw while shopping.

I stamped the image using VersaMark and Charcoal inks, and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. The flowers and leaves are "water colored" using Raspberry, Bashful, and Willow inks by squeezing a small amount of the ink onto the lid of the stamp pad and spritzing with water. When I spritzed the Raspberry ink, I accidentally got overspray onto my stamped image. It turned out to be a happy mistake!


I pulled out my thin cuts to cut several scallop border pieces from two-sided Bashful Cardstock and layered them to create the ruffled bottom of the card. I altered each layer with the dark front and the lighter back, accented the light scallops with the clear shimmer brush, and topped it off with a glittery bow.


I kept the inside simple.


Ready to play? Just create a project using ALL and ONLY the colors in this week's challenge. If you don't have the exact colors, use the closest colors you have. We decided to change our color challenges from one wee to TWO WEEKS! This change gives you more time and flexibility to create, share and invite your crafty friends to join us too. You have until 10pm EST Thursday, September 21st to enter! I can't wait to see what you create!


Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
CC1128 From The Heart Stamp Set
1385 White Daisy Cardstock
X5953 Charcoal Cardstock
X5941 Bashful Cardstock
X5974 Raspberry Cardstock
Z3360 Bashful Glitter Paper
Z2831 Charcoal Ink
Z2819 Bashful Ink
Z2812 Raspberry Ink
Z2807 Willow Ink
Z891 VersaMark Ink Pad
Z3274 Clear Sparkles
Z1263 Bitty Sparkles
Z3293 Clear Shimmer Brush
Z3224 Small Round Waterbrush
Z2088 Ranger Super Fine Clear Embossing Powder
Z555 Craft Heater
Z3348 Scallop Border Thin Cuts
Z3349 Ribbon Border Thin Cuts

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. I love the inspiration of the ruffles you turned into the rows of scallops! Love the entire card! You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ruffled bottom border is really pretty! I love how you alternated the Bashful colors and glittered them. You achieved a fabulous frame with the layered mats. All around fabulous card! Thanks for being a valued member of the Color Dare Design Team!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marie! Joining the Color Dare Design Team has been a wonderful experience!

      Delete