Thursday, April 4, 2013

Buzz and Bumble Card

Ever have one of those moments when you know exactly what you want to create and you actually have the time to sit down and work on it? Last week, while I was perusing Pinterest, I came across a card by Danielle Kennedy that made me immediately think of the Buzz and Bumble Papers. Her work is stunning!  With the exception of the little bees, the card actually went together fairly quickly.
 

The Buzz and Bumble assortment would have been perfect for this card, but I didn't have it at the time.  To recreate the little bee silhouettes, I sketched the shape I wanted onto a scrap piece of cardstock and cut it out.  They are less than half an inch in size.  I glued small strips of the patterned papers to a strip of cocoa cardstock, adhered my pattern with temporary adhesive, and cut around the pattern.


The wings of the bees are slightly bent upward to make them appear as if they are buzzing around the card.  The sentiment is from the Honeycomb stampset and the flowers were cut from an image on the Fabulous You stamp set. I cut the beehive on the cricut from the Walk in My Garden cartridge and popped it up with 3-D foam tape.

I've been working on a few other projects that I hope to have photographed and posted soon.  Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. So cute! And you know I love this paper. I think I'd better order more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! How about Saturday at the crop?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I just got this paper finally (and I did order the assortment too. I haven't even seen it yet because i just found out Pat has had it in his truck since Friday!!!! How dare he!...going to retrieve it now!

    ReplyDelete