Thursday, April 26, 2018

One Design, Two Cards

Hello! Popping in to share a couple cards a put together using the same pattern from Make It from Your Heart, Vol. 4, but using different B&T papers and stamps.

I actually made this first card back in January while I was on a scrap and chat call with my good friend in California, but forgot to share it here. I used the bulk B&T Chelsea Gardens paper that comes with the Sending Hugs Cardmaking WYW Kit and pattern 13 from MIFYH Vol. 4. Our how to books make it fast and simple to pull a card together!


The wreath and sentiment are stamped with Charcoal Ink on the light side of Linen Cardstock. I painted the flowers and leaves by picking up ink (Glacier and Sweet Leaf) with a water brush and applying it to the image. Bitty Sparkles adorn the centers of each flower. I used the Thin Cuts- Basic Circle Tags to die cut the images and tied them to the ribbon with a strand of twine.


The inside is blank and ready for a personalized message.


A couple days ago, a friend of mine and her daughter came over to make Mother's Day cards. I used the bulk B&T Gimme Some Sugar paper from the You Are More Cardmaking WYW Kit and the same pattern to design a sample card.


Really, the only differences are the papers and stamps used. I paired a floral image from the It's A Date stamp set with a sentiment from the For You Darling stamp set. The flowers are colored with ShinHan Touch Twin Markers.


I left room for a handwritten message on the inside of this card as well.


Chelsea Gardens and Gimme Some Sugar will be going away at the end of this month. Watch for the new Seasonal Expressions to go live May 1st!
Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies Used:
Get Well Card-
X5942 Basics Combo Cardstock (I used Mink and Linen)

Mother's Day Card:
ShinHan Touch Twin Marker P147 Pale Lilac

No comments:

Post a Comment