Friday, June 8, 2018

Color Dare #296- Celebrate

It's time for another Color My Heart Color Dare challenge! This week we are challenging you to create something using only Toffee, Juniper, and Pomegranate with Gold as an optional add on. You may also include White Daisy and Black, but please do not add any other colors.

It's been a while since I've been able to get into my studio. My dad came to visit for 10 days, then I ended up sick in bed for another 4 days. I'm still not feeling 100%, but I was feeling too restless to stay in bed. I put this card together fairly quickly when you subtract the breaks I had to take to rest.


I used the new Thin Cuts- Stitched Circles dies to cut an assortment of circles from Juniper and Pomegranate Cardstock, making sure the side of cardstock I wanted showing (I used the light side) faced the cut edge of the die. I drew three light pencil lines on the left side of a Toffee cardstock panel (light side cut 1/4" smaller than the card base) and began arranging the circles. Once I was happy with the design, I lightly adhered each circle in place, poked holes using the Stitch Ruler and Piercing Tool, and hand sewed them into place with two strands of the White Twine. 


I dug through my embellishments and found retired sequins from Dreamin' Big and No Worries that matched the Juniper and Toffee colors perfectly. I wish I could have found a match for the Pomegranate as well. I'll have to keep digging. The sentiment is stamped with Juniper Pigment Ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.


I brought a few of the die-cut circles and sequins to the inside of the card as well.

Ready to play? Just create a project using ALL and ONLY the colors in this week's challenge. If you don't have the exact colors, use the closest colors you have. Our color challenges are open for two weeks, which gives you until 11pm EST Thursday, June 21st to enter this one! I can't wait to see what you create!



This card actually fulfills three challenges this week. Color Dare, Three Amigos Blog Hop Challenges (machine die-cutting challenge), and a new one called Double Trouble Challenge. Be sure to check them all out! 

Thanks for taking time out of your day to visit!

Supplies Used:
Whimsy Mini Pigment Ink Pads (Retired)
Dreamin' Big Sequins (retired)
No Worries Sequins (retired)

4 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic card! I love the simple idea of stitching the circles onto the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, hand sewing in addition to using the piercing tool...excellent look. I know some do the sewing machine, but I would be afraid for fear of ruining my card...love the look and inspiration. Thanks for the support in your post and please share with Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you the master of simple cards for a dramatic effect!

    ReplyDelete