Friday, January 19, 2018

Color Dare #276 Good Thymes Card

It's time for another Color My Heart Color Dare challenge! This week's challenge is to use only Heather, Mink, and Sweet Leaf (with optional Black and White Daisy).

This week's challenge really stumped me until I spotted the Good Thymes Together stamp set and pattern 8 from Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 4. I created a card base using Mink Cardstock, added Sweet Leaf B&T paper from the Whimsy Fundamentals Paper Packet, and accented it with Heather Cardstock. The banner is stamped with Mink ink on the light side of Mink Cardstock for a subtle tone on tone look.



The Clear Shimmer Brush adds a sparkly sheen to the jar lids, balloon heart, and the accent strip across the card. I tried to capture the sparkle, but pictures don't do it justice. I used the new Basic Circle Tags Thin Cuts to cut a Heather tag as a backdrop for the two thyme jars. I dipped a dry waterbrush into Sweet Leaf ink to add color to the thyme leaves and the balloon, and Mink ink for the lids.


I kept the inside simple to leave room for a handwritten note. The Heather accent strip and balloon hearts are highlighted with the Clear Shimmer Brush as well.


Ready to play? Just create a project using ALL and ONLY the colors in this week's challenge. If you don't have the exact colors, use the closest colors you have. Our color challenges are open for two weeks, giving you more time and flexibility to create, share, and invite your crafty friends to join us too. You have until 10pm EST Thursday, January 18th to enter! I can't wait to see what you create!

Thank you for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Retired items: Sweet Leaf Ribbon, My Legacy Writers, Scallop Border Punch

10 comments:

  1. This card is so precious! I love your idea of accenting cardstock with the shimmer brush...it's not just for flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Debi! The greys felt a little dull to me, so I decided to add some sparkle.

      Delete
  2. Love this stamp and the understated use of color looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary! I’m sure you’ll come up with something FUNN for this stamp set!

      Delete
  3. I love your card! Your use of the colors is spot on and really makes the images stand out. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who struggled with these colors! Yet you managed to create an amusing card with beautiful accents. You might have convinced me that I need this stamp set.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marie! Those cute little thyme jars were hard to resist! I hope you get the set too!

      Delete
  5. This is adorable! I struggled with this color challenge too.

    ReplyDelete