Friday, July 21, 2017

Color Dare #253- Just Because Card

It's time for another Color My Heart Color Dare challenge. This week's colors are Gold, White daisy, Slate, Glacier, Willow, Tangerine, and Poppy.

I pulled out the Lovely Leaves stamp set to random stamp a background for my card front. I selected four leaves from the set and stamped them with Slate Ink. Then, I flipped three of my stamps over on the block and inked the back side of each style in a different color (Glacier, Tangerine, and Poppy). For the stamp with several small leaves, I used the small waterbrush (sans water) and Willow ink to add the color.



I attached four pieces of the gold ribbon from the Uptown Ribbon Pack around the outer edges of a piece of cardstock to create a mat for my random stamped panel. Since I wanted my colorful leaves to be the main focal point on the card, I placed the sentiment toward the bottom of the card. I kept the embellishments simple as well. Here is a closer look at the ribbon mat.


Of course, I had to add a little something to the inside too. I was going to leave just the outline of the large leaf on the inside, but decided to add color at the last minute.


Ready to play? Just create a project using ALL and ONLY the colors in this week's challenge. If you don't have the exact colors, use the closest colors you have. You have until 10pm EST Thursday to enter!


Love challenges? The Three Amigos Blog Hop Challenge is also all about Prickly Pear this month. Take a look and join the fun! I can't wait to see what you create!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies used:
A1195 Lovely Leaves
C1605 Happy To Be Friends
1385 White Daisy Cardstock
X5930 Slate Cardstock
X5779 Poppy Cardstock
Z2873 Slate Ink
Z2841 Glacier Ink
Z2852 Poppy Ink
Z2809 Tangerine Ink
Z2807 Willow Ink
Z3289 Uptown Ribbon Pack
Z3312 Gold Glitter Gems

4 comments:

  1. I have used that leaf set a ton. I love your card, but I'm not ready for fall! We are just getting delish sweet corn!
    :o)
    Very pretty card, anyone would love getting such a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I'm not ready for fall yet either. While I was flipping through my stamp sets, I noticed I hadn't used this one yet (how could that be?)

      Delete