This month we are featuring the Stamp of The Month, Choose Happy. This stamp set can only be purchased during the month of March, so get it while you can. With a qualifying $50 purchase, you can add Choose Happy for just $5!
I used the wooden frame, doodle lines, and "you're special" stamp images from Choose Happy. To fill the frame, I stamped a couple images from The Happy Couple stamp set and colored them with our Shin Han markers. The Glacier background was created using wax paper and ink. A small strip of B&T paper from the Seaside Paper Pack pulls the bouquet colors across the card.
A few of the flowers and the bow are popped up with Thin 3D Foam Tape to add a little dimension and interest. I stamped the wood frame with Desert Sand ink, colored it in with the Clay Shin Han marker, and then stamped the image again with Cocoa ink. Stamping with the lighter color first set up guidelines for coloring. Over-stamping with the dark ink allowed the wood grain design to show without blurring from the marker.
I used the same wax paper background on the inside of the card as well. I dressed up the corners with one of the doodle line images stamped off of the paper.
The wax paper technique only took six easy steps to achieve.
1. Cut two pieces of cardstock to the desired size.
2. Cut one piece of wax paper slightly larger than the cardstock pieces.
3. Crumple the wax paper into a ball, open, re-crumple to get lots of wrinkles, and open again.
4. Make a "sandwich" of scrap paper-cardstock piece-wax paper-cardstock piece-scrap paper.
5. Using an iron set to high heat with NO steam, press and lift the iron over the entire "sandwich". Make sure to press and lift repeatedly in order to get the wrinkly design.
6. Lay cardstock pieces with wax side up and sponge with ink to reveal the pattern.
Thanks for stopping by today. Hop over to Lisa's blog and then Donna's blog to see what they created!
S1503 Choose Happy
X7192B Seaside Paper Pack
1385 White Daisy Cardstock
X5642 Cocoa Cardstock
X5770 Glacier Cardstock
X5751 Sorbet Cardstock
Z2114 Cocoa Ink
Z2641 Glacier Ink
Z2451 Clay Shin Han Marker
Z2455 Light Orange Shin Han Marker
Z2452 Golden Yellow Shin Han Marker
Z2454 Leaf Green Shin Han Marker
Z2465 Turquoise Blue Shin Han Marker
Z1263 Bitty Sparkles
Z2060 Thin 3-D Foam Tape
Frost Blue Shin Han Marker (B182)