Monday, February 2, 2015

Brrrr! It's Cold Outside!

A major winter storm is passing through the area today, leaving piles of the white stuff in it's wake. I've never been a fan of winter, especially Buffalo winters! The Snowhaven layouts I'm sharing today seem fitting given the weather. I love the cranberry and glacier in this paper pack and how the black makes them pop.


The Warm & Cozy layout was inspired by a Scrapbook Generation layout I saw on Pinterest. I could only see part of the layout in the picture, but knew Snowhaven was the perfect paper pack to recreate it. I can't locate the picture on their website, but they have some very nice sketches and photos worth checking out.


I may add some more bling once I get photos on the layout. Journaling strips will adorn the space to the left of the first photo mat.





It's hard to see the sparkle of the shimmer trim in the pictures and the bitty sparkles on the snowflakes, but they add to the snowy theme. I tried different angles. Nothing captured the essence of the shimmer trim.



My Making Spirits Bright layout was inspired by a layout from Shannon Buck, CTMH Director of the Stampin' Buds team. I love the symmetry of the layout. Instead of using banners in the bottom section of my layout, I decided to use the snowflake border from the Cricut Artbooking collection (page 76 in the image booklet).


The layout looks very red right now, but once pics are added the red will be more of an accent than a focus.



The resin accents from the Snowhaven Assortment add depth and texture to the layout. White shimmer trim and red enamel hearts dress up the Snowhaven Complements.



Bitty sparkles are sprinkled around the layout, and more white shimmer trim adds a frosty touch to the snowflake border. The line of trees stamped tone on tone along the bottom are from the Snowhaven Card WOTG stamp set.

Thanks for stopping by on this very cold day!

Supplies Used:
X7188B Snowhaven Paper Pack
X7188C  Snowhaven Complements
Z3008 Snowhaven Assortment
G1085 Snowhaven WOTG Cardmaking Kit (stamp set)
Z2173 Slate Ink Pad
Z2116 Cranberry Ink Pad
Z2641 Glacier Ink Pad
Z2009 Red Enamel Hearts
Z3024 White Shimmer Trim
Z1906 Cricut Artbooking Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment