Friday, September 19, 2014

Chalk It Up Workshop Layout

My workshop layout started out like the design in the WOTG guide. As I worked with the pictures I intended to use, my layout morphed into something new.


These pictures were just begging to be scrapbooked after spending years in storage. We are always reminded to include ourselves in our scrapbooks. It's important to share our story. My friend, Betty, challenged a group of us to create a layout about us before we were married and before we became parents. This layout is just the beginning of my story. My girls already love it!


These class compilations are one thing I missed while my girls were in school. My family moved to another state shortly after my Kindergarten year. Even though I don't remember a single name, I have fun looking at the pictures and wondering what became of them. I do remember walking to school with my big sister. We lived three houses away. I also remember that half the class was spent doing lessons and the other half was music and snack time.



The clusters of embellishments were fun to put together. I started with the ideas from the WOTG layout and built upon them.  If you look closely, you can see the spatter I sprayed on the sorbet cardstock to add subtle texture.


For the title piece, I decided to use a card from the Chalk It Up Picture My Life kit. I trimmed the card to fit my space. The composite picture on the opposite page details the location and date. The small first day of school picture holds other information beneath.


I used a small flip flap to hold the picture and add extra space for journaling. I cut a small window in the back of the mat to reveal my mother's handwriting. I just couldn't bear to cover it up.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you are inspired to include yourself in your scrapbooks because it's never too late to tell your story!





No comments:

Post a Comment